Recipe by appleydapply
This is my favorite, fruity, cranberry jello recipe for the holidays.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
We really liked this pretty jello salad. The kids weren't too sure about the celery, but they liked the fruit in it so much, that I got them to eat it anyways. Nice way to stick some more veggie into the kids. I also used fruits in fruit juice only, not syrup. I think this enhanced the flavor, and was a bit healthier. I think I will put this on our Christmas menu to have as a healthy dessert. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)
- 1 (5/8 ounce) package sugar-free raspberry gelatin (the 8-serving size)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen, approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup, drained (liquid reserved)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (liquid reserved)
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 cups water (up to 4 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop the cranberries and place in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 2 cups of water and the sugar and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put chopped celery, mandarin orange segments, and crushed pineapple in a large bowl, reserving liquids in a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Add enough cold water to the fruit juices in the measuring cup to yield 2 cups of liquid.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in Jello powder, stirring constantly until it's fully dissolved. Add the cold water/fruit juice mixture. Pour into the bowl with the fruit and celery and stir. Spoon into a 9x13 baking dish and refrigerate until firm (at least 3 hours).