Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my favorite, fruity, cranberry jello recipe for the holidays.
- 1 (5/8 ounce) package sugar-free raspberry gelatin (the 8-serving size)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen, approx. 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup, drained (liquid reserved)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (liquid reserved)
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 cups water (up to 4 cups)
- Coarsely chop the cranberries and place in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 2 cups of water and the sugar and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put chopped celery, mandarin orange segments, and crushed pineapple in a large bowl, reserving liquids in a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Add enough cold water to the fruit juices in the measuring cup to yield 2 cups of liquid.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in Jello powder, stirring constantly until it's fully dissolved. Add the cold water/fruit juice mixture. Pour into the bowl with the fruit and celery and stir. Spoon into a 9x13 baking dish and refrigerate until firm (at least 3 hours).
We really liked this pretty jello salad. The kids weren't too sure about the celery, but they liked the fruit in it so much, that I got them to eat it anyways. Nice way to stick some more veggie into the kids. I also used fruits in fruit juice only, not syrup. I think this enhanced the flavor, and was a bit healthier. I think I will put this on our Christmas menu to have as a healthy dessert. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)