Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an Ortega recipe that I found online before the holidays last year. Everyone loves it. I make a double batch and freeze it in 4 separate containers. Makes a great appetizer w/ little effort.
- 453.59 g can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies
- 29.58 ml sliced green onions
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese
- 2 (680.38 g) package crackers
- Combine first 7 ingredients.
- Spread room temperature cream cheese in 2 separate pie plates.
- Top cream cheese with cranberry mixture.
- Serve with crackers.
One of the selections offered at an appetizer party celebrating a special birthday this past week. Liked the cream cheese and cranberries combined with the chilies and green onion. Makes for a very attractive appetizer. Froze the second platter as suggested can be done. Thank you for sharing.
I prepared this as one of the many offerings on the buffet at my holiday open house. While I liked the blend of sweet and spicy, others were not so impressed. It was basically ignored, although it did have a festive presentation.
We really enjoyed this. Great combination of flavors; spicy but not overly so, with the sweet-tart taste of cranberries. Thanks for the tip about freezing - I froze half and look forward to having this again in the near future. Although I made this in the middle of the summer, I can see this as a wonderful (and easy!) idea for Thanksgiving and Christmas.