Recipe by mandabears
This oldie but goodie starts with a sugar cookie mix. DD1 and DD2 used to make these(the only baking DD1 ever did) when DD2 was little. A easy and delicious recipe. You can use almond extract instead of the coconut if you like
- 16 ounces sugar cookie mix
- 2 egg whites, divided
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- candied red cherries, halved (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine cookie mix, 1 egg white, extract and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Dip in remaining egg white.
- Roll in remaining coconut.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- If desired, press candied cherry half into center of each cookie.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until coconut is golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet.
- Remove to cooling rack.