Recipe by Sue Lau
Recipe from Minute Rice.
Top Review by pamela t.
Wow! These were great! A non-traditional take on a cocktail meatball. This is certainly something different for the buffet table. Loved them! The pineapple along with the sauce really makes these little meatballs the star of Oscar party night! These were the first thing gone at our party. Thanks Sue L for a sure keeper and winner at the buffet table! 1000 stars!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 ounces prepared French dressing
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef, rice, pineapple, carrot, onion egg, and ginger in a bowl.
- Shape into 1-inch meatballs, place on baking sheets lined with non-stick foil, and bake at 400F for 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- While meatballs are baking, stir together soy sauce and French dressing.
- Serve dressing as a dip for meatballs, or pour over meatballs and simmer for about 15 minutes over low heat in a deep skillet, or simmer them gently in a crock pot until they have a chance to absorb some of the flavor.