Recipe by Borealis Beegirl
From the Nestle Toll House recipes. This is a 2 day recipe if you want to put on the glaze.
- 36 ladyfingers, 3 packages
- 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot coffee
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1⁄3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon hot coffee
- whipped cream, and (optional)
- orange rind twists (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For mousse cake:.
- Line bottom and side of 9 inch springform pan with split ladyfingers.
- Place morsels in bowl of food processor fitted with medal blade. With processor running slowly add hot coffee.
- Add oil and process until smooth. Transfer chocolate mixture to large bowl: cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Fold whipped cream into cooled chocolate until no white streaks remain.
- Pour 1/3 of mousse mixture into prepared pan.
- Place a layer of spiit ladyfingers over mousse layer.
- Pour 1/3 of mousse mixture over ladyfingers. Repeat with remain split ladyfingers and mouse mixture.
- Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- For chocolate glaze:.
- Heat morsels, cream and hot coffee in uncovered, medium microwave-safe bowl on hight power for 1 minute; stir until smooth. Add additional coffee if needed to obtain drizzle consistency.
- Remove side of pan. Drizzle sides and top with chocolate glaze.
- Garnish with whipped cream and curls, if desired.