Recipe by anme
A very tasty cookie I came up with to use up leftover cherries and coconut that is now a favorite in this house!
Top Review by Sam #3
I was very surprised with amount of sugar in them and that t called for maraschino cherries that they wern't overly sweet. I am not a fan of sweets and these were perfect! I used almond extract and it lent an interesting flavour. I didn't taste too much coconut flavour, but it did bulk them up. I made half of the recipe now and froze the rest of the dough to use later.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons leftover cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract (or vanilla, whatever you prefer)
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped drained maraschino cherry
- 1 1⁄4 cups flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy, then blend in juice from drained cherries and extract.
- Mix in flour until combined then stir in coconut and cherries.
- Shape the dough into rolls in plastic wrap(this will be very sticky!) and place in fridge for a few hours until firm (or freeze until needed).
- Preheat oven to 380°F
- remove from fridge and slice into rounds and place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- I did mine convection at 360 for about 10 minutes also.
- Bake until edges are slightly brown.