The most delicious tasting spread! Sometimes I roll it into a log or ball with nuts, and other times I just put it in a crock. The ingredients sound strange but taste great together. I have been asked to make this for friends' parties and share the recipe. Easy, but fancy-looking, especially if you do the ball or log and arrange nice crackers or/and fruit around it. Great for parties or pot luck. I got this from Pampered Chef and altered a bit to my liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 2 -4 ounces cheddar cheese, finely shredded (1/2-1 cup, to taste)
- 1/4 cup finely diced dried apricot
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons scallions, very thinly sliced with some of the green
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (only if you are going to roll it as a cheese ball or log)
- cracker (or bagels for leftovers)
- 1In a medium bowl, combine cheeses, apricots, cranberries, and scallions.
- 2Mix well.
- 3If making as a log or ball, shape cheese mixture using wax paper or parchment paper, and roll log/ball in almonds (on another sheet of wax/parchment paper) until completely coated.
- 4Transfer to a pretty dish.
- 5Serve with crackers.
- 6Leftovers are also great on bagels!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Cheese Spread
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 126.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g