Recipe by jackieblue
The most delicious tasting spread! Sometimes I roll it into a log or ball with nuts, and other times I just put it in a crock. The ingredients sound strange but taste great together. I have been asked to make this for friends' parties and share the recipe. Easy, but fancy-looking, especially if you do the ball or log and arrange nice crackers or/and fruit around it. Great for parties or pot luck. I got this from Pampered Chef and altered a bit to my liking.
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 2 -4 ounces cheddar cheese, finely shredded (1/2-1 cup, to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons scallions, very thinly sliced with some of the green
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (only if you are going to roll it as a cheese ball or log)
- cracker (or bagels for leftovers)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine cheeses, apricots, cranberries, and scallions.
- Mix well.
- If making as a log or ball, shape cheese mixture using wax paper or parchment paper, and roll log/ball in almonds (on another sheet of wax/parchment paper) until completely coated.
- Transfer to a pretty dish.
- Serve with crackers.
- Leftovers are also great on bagels!