Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 (16 ounce) can carrots, drained (Thank You Fingerling brand preferred)
- Combine reserved pineapple juice, sugar, butter, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Cook and stir until sauce is clear and thickened.
- Add pineapple and carrots.
- Heat and serve immediately.
- If desired, garnish with lime peel.
I have been making this for years. A huge family favorite. Who wouldn't eat their veggies when they taste like apple pie!