A recipe from my favourite Trinidadian chef, Debra Sardinha-Metevier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons thyme, leaves only
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 4 cups dried bread, crust included (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup broccoli floret (cut up in salted water)
- 1 cup calabaza pumpkin, cubed and roasted (or butternut squash)
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1Bake cubed bread in an oven at 300°F until crisp and dry.
- 2Melt the oil and butter in a heavy saucepan.
- 3Add the garlic and onions and sauté until golden brown.
- 4Add the salt, black pepper, celery, fresh herbs, spices, bread crumbs, raisins, and half the broccoli and half the pumpkin.
- 5Mix well and add the stock.
- 6Lower the heat, cover pot and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Caribbean Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Caribbean Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Caribbean Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 810.8
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 1739.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 21.6 g