Recipe by lmalone
Clipped from a newspaper, a recipe from Carol Burger, these are easy and delicious---Bar None! It calls for 1 cup of nuts but I left them out and was still excellent!
- 32 -36 wrapped caramels
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup nuts
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups M&M's plain chocolate candy
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine caramels and milk in heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until blended.
- Combine flour, oats, nuts, brown sugar, soda and salt in a bowl, add melted butter, mixing until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup of mixture and press remaining mixture into bottom of greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 cup M&Ms on top of partially baked crust. Pour caramel mixture over M&Ms. Sprinkle reserved crumb mix and remaining 1/2 cup M&Ms on top. Continue baking for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then chill for 30 minutes. Cut into bars.