Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An eye catching elegant center piece that is used for a dip bowl hot or cold for any HOILIDAY! Be it a baby shower, Christmas, New Years or whatever you desire. Additional items you will need... 2-sided tape 1 large can, about a 19 ounce can, cleaned Decorations (Candy canes, or noisemakers, pacifiers)Fresh herbs is very pretty so do give this a try! Rubber band Wide wire ribbon I'd love to see what you come up with. Sp please do post your photos!! ;)http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes/appetizers,dips?categ=81%2C171&ls=p one of many Dips from Zaar to use for this. Or use a cylinder glass and place your choice of decoration on the glass. Place a candle holder on the glass and walla you have a beautiful candle centerpiece as shown in the picture. Or use as a vase to place your favorite cut flowers!
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (grilled or 1 can corn)
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded-and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (I like to mix all three) or 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (I like to mix all three) or 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped (I like to mix all three)
- Wrap lengths of 2-sided tape and rubber band on outside of vase; secure candy canes/party makers, etc -- in place around vase.
- Use a length of wide ribbon tied with a bow to hide rubber band.
- Fill vase with warm water for hot dips or ice for cold dips.
- Have a bowl that will fit over the ice or hot water and fill with dip.
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour over the bean mixture and toss until all ingredients are coated.
- Serve with whatever you wish being chips veggies, fruit, or whatever you enjoy!
Rita--this is a great idea. I used it one year for Easter--put asparagus spears on the outside of a can w/a pastel ribbon and bow, then filled it w/pastel tulips--gorgeous! Limited only by your imagination--Thanks!