Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A brightly flavored, fun variation of Chex mix from the Chex cereal company.
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup red cinnamon candies
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (not spread or tub product)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup cut-up dried apple, pieces (1/2- to 3/4-inch pieces)
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Mix cereals and pecans in large bowl and set aside.
- Heat next four ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until melted and blended.
- Pour over cereal mixture, gently stirring until evenly coated.
- Spread in ungreased large roasting pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir in dried apple pieces and bake for 15 additional minutes.
- Spread on waxed paper or aluminum foil to cool.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon if desired.
- Store in airtight container.