Recipe by Prose
This is nice to come home to any time of the year.
Top Review by k.west
This is the best recipe I have tried in a very long time. It suggests that it is good frozen, I admit that I have never frozen food that I have cooked, so I tried it and it tastes better after being frozen. Knowing my family's tastes, I add two bell peppers and two fresh jalepenos. I also rinse the tomatoes to reduce the sodium and use a natural, preservative free broth to make it healthier, but the recipe is already plenty healthy. I wish more recipes were as consistent as this one.
- 1 lb dried black beans, soaked in water overnight and drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 14 1⁄2 ounces vegetable broth
- cajun seasoning