Recipe by NotYourMommasCookin
I made these during the fall with some leftover apples and they were a hit in the office!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 medium apples, cored and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter in large bowl. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture.
- Press remaining mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Chop applease to make 2 cups.
- Toss remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar with apples until dissolved.
- Arrage apples over baked crust and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- Bake about 30 to 35 minutes until apples are tender.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl mix confectioners' sugar and milk until well blended and smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled streusel.
- Cut into bars.