Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
This sauce could also be served as an accompaniment to poultry or pork.
Top Review by ChefDLH
Thanks Alan for posting this recipe. It has really nice flavor and was enjoyed by our guests. It reminds me of a recipe where salsa is spooned over cream cheese and it has that same addicting effect. The ladies just kept eating more and more. It went great with crackers and the toasted slivered almonds are a must. The toasting makes the dip very flavorful so don't skip it. Nice for holiday parties and gatherings. Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y! December Cooking Event. Enjoy. ChefDLH
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries or 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- assorted cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and sugar to a boil without stirring; boil for 5 minutes. Add cranberries; cook until berries pop and sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Cut apricots in the preserves into small pieces; add to the cranberry mixture. Stir in lemon juice. Cool. Add almonds.
- Spoon over cream cheese; serve with crackers. Store leftovers in refrigerator.