Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have not tried this yet but the picture in the cookbook looked like it would be really good. If anyone gets to it before me, let me know how it is. It's from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced green chilis
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked and shelled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- hot cooked rice
- Twist crown from pineapple.
- Cut pineapple lengthwise into quarters.
- Remove fruit from shell with curved knife.
- Trim off core and cut fruit into chunks.
- Set aside.
- In food processor or blender, combine tomato, onion, pimentos, green chilies, lime juice, coriander, garlic salt and sugar.
- Process until pureed.
- In large skillet, melt margarine.
- Add pureed sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, pineapple and cilantro.
- Cook just until heated through.
- Serve immediately over hot rice.