Recipe by Manami
We use angel hair pasts very often here at the home, so I am always searching for recipes that the residents might enjoy -- of course, with all the changes made by the dieticians.I don't know where on the internet I found this recipe. I have tweaked a bit here and there.
- 13 ounces jumbo lump crab meat, picked over for shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced (Porcini, Cremini or Button)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red sweet bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped orange sweet bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh roasted garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, finely diced (if you want more heat add it)
- 1⁄4 cup cream or 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushrooms, peppers, parsley, garlic and onions in melted butter & olive oil combination; stir in herbs, jalapeno and either the cream or broth.
- Gently add crab meat and warm slightly.
- Serve over cooked angel hair with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.