Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Cool refreshing Kid pleaser, or make it elegant for adults by setting it in stemmed clear glasses. From Canadian Diabetes Association.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar-free carbonated orange beverage
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 small orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 1⁄3 cup drained unsweetened pineapple chunks
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup orange beverage, let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Combine remaining orange beverage with lemon juice in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add softened gelatin and almond flavoring, stir until gelatin dissolves.
- Chill until partially set.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Fold in orange, banana, grapes and pineapple.
- Rinse 8x4-inch loaf pan with cold water, spoon gelatin mixture into pan.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours until set.
- Unmold and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices to serve.
- Diabetic- 2/3 cup or 1 slice; 1 fruits and vegetables choice.