Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cherry Chicken Salad Recipe from Festival Foods
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 2⁄3 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- Toss together well and refrigerate until chilled. Serve on toasted bread or croissants.
my recipe is similar but instead of buttermilk i use poppyseed dressing (the white one not the yellowish tinted one) and i use dried cherries .
A chicken salad that all 3 of my boys enjoyed, so it gets 5 stars from us! I used maybe 1/3 cup low fat mayo 2/3 cup light Miracle Whip, and it had a great taste. I made it without pecans, as I didn't have any in the house, but I think they would add a nice flavor. This will definitely go on our regular menu!
A very tasty salad to compliment our wonderful dinner. I did leave out the celery, but the tangyness from the buttermilk made this recipe a winner. An enjoyable salad, that is easy to prepare. This one is definately going in my cookbook for the future. Made for PRMR tag.