Recipe by Bec
When it comes to canned foods, my mom has always told me to get Festal brand, for that is what her mom always told her. "It's the best!" she would say. Festal is distributed by the Owatonna Canning Company, of Owatonna, Minnesota, so it is actually pretty close to home. This is the recipe on Festal's Golden Pie Pumpkin. It's delicious! I like it best served cold. When I make it, there seems to be a lot extra after filling the one 9-inch pie crust, so I just divide the filling between two crusts. It makes 2 smaller pies, but that way none goes to waste!
Top Review by sndfr
This recipe is the best and so is the Festal Brand Canned Pumpkin. My brother and I have both moved to areas where we cannot get the festal brand. So when we come back for visits we both stock up on cans of the Festal pumpkin. I have used other brands but nothing compares. Thanks for posting the recipe cause in the move I lost my copy. Now I have it again. yeaaa.
- 1 (15 ounce) canfestal golden pie canned pumpkin
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar or 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk or 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare 1 pie crust.
- Combine eggs, sugar, salt, and spices and beat well.
- Blend in pumpkin.
- Add milk and beat well.
- Turn into pastry lined pie pan.
- Bake in a hot oven (450 degrees) for 10 minutes, then reduce heat and bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Pie is done when knife, inserted in center, comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 2 hours, then serve immediately or refrigerate.