Recipe by eliazardiaz
Simple eggs and tortillas dish for thoose days you don't feel like having cereal and want a nice, fast, no mess, and easy warm dish.
Top Review by Bergy
For flavor this is a 5 star but I would remove the crisp fried tortilla strips, scramble the eggs, top them with cheese and then just before serving stir in the tortilla strips. I want the tortilla to remain crisp. -I cut the recipe back to 2 eggs using 2 corn tortillas. served with baked beans- eggs topped with cheese and hot salsa Thanks chef#185990 for a very nice Sunday Brunch
- 5 eggs
- 7 tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- cheese, for topping (optional)
- salsa, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat pan.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Cut tortillas into strips then cut the strips in half to make them small enough to fry in the butter.
- Fry the tortillas ito the melted butter until golden brown.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the fried tortillas in the pan.
- Stir the mixture of tortillas and eggs, until the eggs are cooked and the tortillas are well mixed in with the cooked eggs.
- Serve warm and topped with salsa and grated cheddar cheese.