Recipe by Nanna D
Kids love this little flatbread - great to be served with pasta, chili and some soups and stews. I found this recipe in one of the cookbooks put out by the Best of Bridge - can count on recipes by those gals.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and butter until the onion is transparent.
- Meanwhile, combine the biscuit mix, 1/2 cup of grated cheese, and milk and beat until smooth. This will be sticky.
- Knead 10 times on floured board working in a small amount of flour if it is sticking too much.
- Butter 8 or 9 inch pie pan and also your hands; spread this mixture on the bottom of the pan.
- Combine the cup of grated cheddar and egg. Spread on crust,
- Sprinkle with onion-butter mixture and poppy seeds.
- Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes.
- To serve, cut in wedges.