Recipe by D'Fensta
This recipe is to be made in the crock pot. It was partially devised from my mom's World Famous Swiss Steak that I have loved for years. I just added a few different items that I felt would make it better! Enjoy!
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Tasty tasty tasty. I'm usually not a big fan of stew type recipes but I really enjoyed this dish. I've made this a couple times, once in the slow cooker & once in my electronic pressure cooker. I use homemade gravy so each time the flavours were abit different but it always came out yummy. I usually add a few more spashes of worcestershire & once added chopped leeks that worked nicely. Great recipe, thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cubed steak
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- olive oil
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (12 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beef gravy
- green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into serving pieces.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and mustard.
- Coat each piece of meat with flour mixture.
- Brown the meat in skillet with small amount of olive oil.
- Drain off all fat.
- Cut small potatoes into 4 pieces and line bottom of crock pot with them.
- Add meat on top of potatoes.
- Add carrots, celery, mushrooms on top.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce over vegetables.
- Pour diced tomatoes over vegetables.
- Pour gravy over tomatoes and make holes on side so it can partially run down the sides of vegetables.
- Sprinkle sliced green onions on top of gravy to taste.
- Cook on Low 8 to 10 hours till meat is tender and just falls apart when picked up.
- Serve with hot noodles, rice or mashed potatoes!
- Enjoy This -- D' Fensta.