1/6 Photos of Fennel With Wine and Parmesan
I'm sure that with this recipe a lot of people would convert to fennel lovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons margarine (butter suits as well, but it's not my choice) or 3 tablespoons olive oil (butter suits as well, but it's not my choice)
- 1 lb fennel, cleaned and sliced (1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup white wine
- salt and pepper (adjust to taste)
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Heat the margarine or oil in a wide non-stick pan.
- 2Roast fennel (max heat) slices until light brown.
- 3Reduce the heat to medium (in my case it needed about 10 minutes).
- 4Add salt, pepper and wine.
- 5Stir once and cover (medium-low heat).
- 6Continue to cook until soft for about 10 minutes. If necessary add more wine or some water.
- 7Adjust salt and pepper.
- 8Now you have two possibilities (A and B).
- 9A) Top with parmesan and continue to cook until parmesan melts (easiest and fast version).
- 10B) Transfer fennel to a baking mold, top with parmesan and broil under grill shortly until parmesan changes color (beautiful and tasty). Don't burn it.
- 11Serve warm as side dish.
- 12Note: Small portions on a buffet woud be very cute as well. Reserve some fennel as decoration!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fennel With Wine and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 738.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 8.7 g