Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cooking Light May '06. Prepare salad a couple hours ahead to allow the flavors to meld. Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 cup plum tomato, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- Place tomato in a medium bowl, mash lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Add vinegar and next 5 ingredients (cumin, oil, salt, pepper, garlic) to bowl; toss to combine.
- Add fennel and remaining ingredients; cover and chill.
- Serve cold 1 cup servings.