Recipe by Bergy
Fennel has a licorice flavor goes well with carrots, chicken dished etc. very underused vegetable
Top Review by Pets'R'us
Lovely combination with the orange, we had this with roast chicken and another vegetable dish. This was nice cold too and I will probably make this in the summer months and serve as a salad. Thank you Bergy!
- 3 heads fennel, stems cut into 2 inch long pieces,bulbs quartered,lengthwise,feathery green tops reserved
- 1 large orange, peeled,pith removed,sliced across in 1/4 inch rounds,cut the rounds in half
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet combine the orange zest, fennel stems, onion, bay leaf salt& pepper.
- Add 4 cups water, bring to a boil, simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the fennel quarters cut side down cook until tender, remove with a strainer set aside and keep warm apprx.
- Reduce water to apprx 1cup by boiling about 10 minutes.
- Drain off any liquid that may have collected on the fennel platter.
- Pour reduced stock over the fennel, garnish with orange slices, decorate with fennel feathers.