From a supermarket recipe card.
Make and share this Fennel With Caramelized Onions recipe from Food.com.
- In a skillet cook onion in olive oil over low heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Cook and cover for 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally or until onions are very tender and edges are golden.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook and stir until the onions are coated.
- Meanwhile, trim fennel; chop enough of the green tops to make 2 tablespoons.
- Cut each fennel bulb lengthwise into 6 wedges.
- In a medium saucepan cook fennel, covered, in chicken broth for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Arrange fennel wedges on a serving plate. Top with onions and sprinkle with nuts and reserved fennel fronds.