Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These tender, buttery tea cookies have a lovely fennel flavor and add a touch of elegance to any holiday cookie tray. Rolled in confectioners' sugar, they look like snowballs!
- In a small bowl, soak fennel seed in boiling water; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg.
- Drain fennel seed. Combine the flour, baking soda, and fennel seed; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Roll into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.