Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I recently started to appreciate fennel. This is one of my favourite way to eat fennel. The tart is easy to prepare and can be eaten hot or cold.
- 1 (10 inch) tart shells
- 3 fennel bulbs
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons ham, diced
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Slice the bulbs into wedges, and boil them for 8 minutes in salted water.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Prick bottom of shell with a fork.
- Combine breadcrumbs, 3/4 of diced ham and creme fraiche and coat bottom with it.
- Spread the still warm fennel over tart, cover with left ham and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the middle of the oven.