Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Gourmet Magazine's November 1990 issue.
- 1 fennel bulb, about 3/4 pound, trimmed and quartered lengthwise and sliced thin lengthwise
- 1⁄4 lb fresh Baby Spinach, trimmed, washed and spun dry
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped, and lightly toasted
- 1⁄3 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled (you can substitue any other fine quality blue cheese)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- In a salad bowl, toss together the fennel, spinach, walnuts and the Roquefort.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Add the oils in a slow strem while continuing to whisk, whisking the dressing until it is emulsified.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss it well.