1/1 Photo of Fennel Spice Chips
A really cool recipe from Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello. If you like fennel, do try this recipe:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) bags plain potato chips
Fennel Spice Rub
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F. Place the chips on a cookie sheet and put them in oven for 4 to 6 minutes.
- 2When oil is visible on the chips and they start to get shiny, take them out of the oven, and sprinkle with a generous amount of the spice rub. Let them cool and serve.
- 3To Make Fennel Spice Rub:
- 4Place the fennel seeds, coriander seeds, and peppercorns in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Watch carefully, tossing frequently so the seeds will toast evenly. When light brown and fragrant, pour the seeds onto a plate to cool. They must be cool before grinding, or they will gum up the blades.
- 5Pour the seeds into a blender(I use a small coffee grinder) and add the salt. Blend to a fine powder, shaking the blender occasionally to redistribute the seeds. Store in a tightly sealed glass jar in a cool, dry place, or freeze.
- 6Yield: 1 1/4 cups.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fennel Spice Chips
Serving Size: 1 (507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1797.3
- Calories from Fat 1045
- Total Fat 116.1 g
- Saturated Fat 30.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18254.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 182.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 47.2 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 31.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: