Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A really cool recipe from Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello. If you like fennel, do try this recipe:)
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Place the chips on a cookie sheet and put them in oven for 4 to 6 minutes.
- When oil is visible on the chips and they start to get shiny, take them out of the oven, and sprinkle with a generous amount of the spice rub. Let them cool and serve.
- To Make Fennel Spice Rub:
- Place the fennel seeds, coriander seeds, and peppercorns in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Watch carefully, tossing frequently so the seeds will toast evenly. When light brown and fragrant, pour the seeds onto a plate to cool. They must be cool before grinding, or they will gum up the blades.
- Pour the seeds into a blender(I use a small coffee grinder) and add the salt. Blend to a fine powder, shaking the blender occasionally to redistribute the seeds. Store in a tightly sealed glass jar in a cool, dry place, or freeze.
- Yield: 1 1/4 cups.
This was really yummy. I have stored the remainder of the spice in the freezer. Will make again. They should sell fennel chips. lol. Thanks for sharing :)