1/1 Photo of Fennel Soup for Two
My Dh loves fennel and when we made this he almost ate it all. Its nice with crusty bread and a small salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pan, sweat the onions in the butter/oil for five minutes.
- 2Add the fennel and garlic and sweat gently for a further five minutes.
- 3Pour on the stock, so that it just covers the vegetables, and add the tarragon and turmeric.
- 4Season to taste.
- 5Simmer gently for half an hour, until the fennel is tender.
- 6Remove the soup from the heat and blend in blender until a smooth thick soup.
- 7Fortify with a little cream, if desired.
- 8Serve garnished with the reserved fennel leaves.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fennel Soup for Two
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: