Recipe by J. Ko
A lovely, light, summery salad. The citrus, the lightly licorice-flavoured fennel, and the smoked salmon are an amazing combination! My daughter practically inhales this!
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed if possible (prepared orange juice is fine, though)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 fennel bulb, cut in half and sliced paper-thin (stems, feathery leaves and any discoloured outer parts discarded)
- 4 oranges, peeled, cut crosswise into slices
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into slivers
- 4 green onions, cut into slivers
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Place fennel in a bowl and toss with about half of the dressing mixture until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Arrange orange slices attractively on four salad plates. Mound the fennel mixture on top, divide and top with the smoked salmon, sprinkle with green onions and parmesan, then drizzle sparingly with the remaining dressing.