1/1 Photo of Fennel, Smoked Salmon and Orange Salad
J. Ko's Note:
A lovely, light, summery salad. The citrus, the lightly licorice-flavoured fennel, and the smoked salmon are an amazing combination! My daughter practically inhales this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed if possible (prepared orange juice is fine, though)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 fennel bulb, cut in half and sliced paper-thin (stems, feathery leaves and any discoloured outer parts discarded)
- 4 oranges, peeled, cut crosswise into slices
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut into slivers
- 4 green onions, cut into slivers
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- 2Place fennel in a bowl and toss with about half of the dressing mixture until evenly coated. Set aside.
- 3Arrange orange slices attractively on four salad plates. Mound the fennel mixture on top, divide and top with the smoked salmon, sprinkle with green onions and parmesan, then drizzle sparingly with the remaining dressing.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fennel, Smoked Salmon and Orange Salad
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.1
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 750.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 12.6 g