- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 cups fennel bulbs, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, best quality
- 1 roasted red pepper (jar or prepare fresh)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean romaine, dry it and tear into bite size pieces.
- Add the remaining vegetables.
- Pour olive oil, then balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper over the salad.
- Toss to mix, then taste.
- Add more salt, pepper or vinegar as needed.
- Chop basil, add to the salad, toss again.
- Garnish with strips of roasted red pepper.