Recipe by Chouny
This salad has a nice crunch to it and using fresh sweet corn makes it so delicious and compliments very well the fennel.
Top Review by Bobbi B.
Like the previous review, I made this because this is what we had on hand. We were all pleasantly surprised at how the flavors all worked so well and will now make again for guests and to take to gatherings as this holds up so well.
- 2 large fennel bulbs (thinly sliced, hearts removed)
- 1 apple, thinly sliced (royal gala or granny smith)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion (thinly sliced lengthwise)
- 1 corn (fresh and cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fennel leaves (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the tough outer leaves of the fennel, cut off the tops and bottoms throw them out. Cut each bulb in half and cut out the cores, discard them.
- Cut each bulb in half lengthways, then slice as thinly as possible.
- Keep skin on apple and cut them as thinly as possible.
- Cut red onion as thinly as possible.
- With a knife cut along the core of cooked corn in order to remove kernels.
- Mix together ingredients for the vinaigrette and pour over salad.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.