Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adaptation of a recipe by the Frugal Gourmet. We love this dressing and bought an additional coffee mill just to grind the fennel seeds.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1⁄8 cup dried parsley flakes or 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, chopped, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Measure the oils, vinegars, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, fennel and dried parsley into a glass jar.
- Cover, and shake to combine.
- Add salt and pepper (and fresh parsley if using) to taste.
- Serve over your favorite combination of greens and other salad ingredients such as chopped vegetables, meats, eggs, etc.
- Store the unused portion in the refrigerator.
- It should last at least one week (it is used quickly in our home).
I really enjoyed this salad dressing, especially after I let it sit ovrenight! Loved the fennel taste, which was much more pronounced the next day also. I enjoyed over greens. Thanks!