Recipe by Housewife Hopeful
From the amazing, amazing Mediterranean Grill in Dallas : )
Top Review by Elmotoo
We all liked this a lot (except, of course for THE PICKY ONE). I added closer to 1/4c vinegar because it needed more sharpness; perhaps cut back on the oil next time to 1/3c? Also, I subed my own ginger spice vinegar because i thought it would be yummy & it was. ;) Is it supposed to be 1 TABLESPOON of chili flakes?? I used only 1tsp so my family would eat it. There was a nice amount of heat. I have some dressing left after eating all the fennel, so I'm gonna slice up some more to have tomorrow! Thanks! mADE FOR pac sPRING '08. dRATTED CAPSLOCK...
- 3 medium fennel bulbs
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- orange section
- fennel leaves, chopped roughly
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tops off the fennel leaves and save for garnish.
- Use a mandolin to cut the fennel (bulbs) very thinly by holding it by the bottom, or use a knife and cut very thinly.
- For the vinaigrette: Mix the orange zest, orange juice concentrate, vinegar, and chili flakes together.
- Add the olive oil and season with salt.
- Toss the fennel in the vinaigrette and serve, garnishing with orange segments and the fennel leaves.