Recipe by Gwen35
Part of this very simple recipe came to me via the Food Network, and I played around with it. It is difficult to be exact about the proportions, but what follows works well for me. Great with fish, chicken or pork.
- 1 fennel
- 1 orange
- 1 tart apple
- 1 small red onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons orange juice (frozen)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean fennel root well, and slice about a cup off the bottom part, very, very thin.
- Peel and section a large orange (or slice very thin).
- Peel, core and slice one tart apple, again, very thin.
- Peel and slice red onion to equal about a cup.
- Mix everything together, gently, in a plastic bag (including the dressing ingredients), and turn into a serving bowl. Cover and chill well.
- Keeps 2-3 days in the refrigerator.