This beautiful salad was originated by Britt Galler, assistant kitchen manager at Esalen Institute in California's Big Sur. I lived off and on there for several years. They served wonderful food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beet, cooked, peeled, and cut in small wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small radicchio, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 lb spinach
- 1 bunch arugula (or other greens to taste)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted (see note)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Grease a cookie sheet or baking pan.
- 3Toss cooked beets with olive oil, salt and pepper and spread in a layer on greased pan. Roast for 25 minutes and allow to cool.
- 4Combine beets, fennel, radicchio, spinach, arugula and walnuts in a salad bowl. Toss with Bleu Vinaigrette and serve.
- 5To make Bleu Vinaigrette:.
- 6With a fork, whisk the shallot, vinegar, lemon, mustard and bleu cheese together.
- 7Continuing to whisk, slowly drizzle olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fennel & Roasted Beet Salad With Bleu Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (1179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.9
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 376.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar