Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The amount of bacon, potatoes, size of fennel and caraway seeds is up to you. I love caraway seeds and usually put in 1 flat tablesp. and bacon 6 if I use 1 kg. of potatoes. It was given to me by a friend from Calagary 25 years ago and still a favourite.
- Fry bacon till slightly crisp. Set aside, but keep the baconfat. Cut is small strips.
- Cook potatoes with their skin in slightly salted water. Once cool enough to handle, take off their skin and cut in cubes.
- Fry chopped onion, fennel and garlic in the bacon fat till browned. Add butter if they become too dry.
- Add the potatoes, the bacon and the caraway seeds till you have lots of crispy browns bits.
- Check for pepper and salt.
- Sprinkle with parsley.