Yum-o! Packed with veggiies and seasoned with fennel seeds, this is flavorful! Adapted from the Rachael Ray show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spaghetti (I like angel hair)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 red onion, quartered, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered lengthwise, seeded, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, quartered lengthwise, seeded, sliced
- 1 cubanelle pepper, quartered lengthwise, seeded, sliced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or chicken broth)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (or whole tomatoes)
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil the pasta. When the water reaches a boil, add some salt and drop in the pasta. Cook to al dente according to package directions(about8-10 minutes) and drain. Return pasta to the pot it was cooked in and set aside.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, place a large skillet over medium-high heat and pour in 1/4 cup olive oil.
- 3Add the garlic and fennel seeds to the pan and cut the rest of the vegetables.
- 4Add in the onion, peppers and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook until the veggies are tender, about 6-7 minutes.
- 5Add the vegetable or chicken stock and tomatoes to the pan (if using whole tomatoes, break them up using a wooden spoon or potato masher).
- 6Bring the sauce up to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, season with salt and pepper and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the basil and parsley.
- 7Toss the butter and cheese with the cooked pasta, then add the tomato sauce and toss well to combine.
- 8Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fennel-Pepper Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.1
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 648.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: