1/2 Photos of Fennel, Pea and Broad Bean Salad
We had this salad as an appetizer at a diner party. My friend Samantha told me it was a Gordon Ramsay recipe. I am not a big Ramsay fan but think this salad is fab! So here it is to share...as far as I could tell the only thing Sam did different was giving us one egg each (quatered) Gordon says in his recipe to simmer the eggs for 9 minutes, seems a bit long to me, use your own judgement.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 250 g podded broad beans
- 250 g peas, thawed if frozen
- 8 parma ham slices
- 1Trim the fennel, cutting off the base and removing the coarse outer layer of leaves.
- 2Cut each bulb in half lengthways, then slice as thinly as possible, using a mandolin or a sharp knife.
- 3Place in a large bowl of iced water and leave to soak for about 10-15 minutes to crisp up.
- 4Boil the eggs, (the yolks should be set but still quite soft) drain, then refresh in a pan of cold water.
- 5Bring another pot of water to the boil, add the broad beans and blanch for 1 minute, then add the peas and return to the boil, blanch for another 3 minutes until the peas and broad beans are tender.
- 6Drain and refresh in a bowl of iced water.
- 7For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Drain all the vegetables and mix, pour over the dressing and toss well.
- 9Shell the eggs, then cut into quarters lengthways.
- 10When ready to serve, heat a tiny drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick pan and fry the Parma ham slices until golden brown and crisp, turning once. Divide the salad and eggs among serving plates.
- 11Break the crispy Parma ham into smaller pieces and scatter over the salads, sprinkle with pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fennel, Pea and Broad Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.6
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 219.7 mg
- Sodium 2989.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 44.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard