Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Weight Watchers recipe that counts as 3 points on the PointsPlus program. A wonderful combination of flavours, serve as a starter or side dish. Please note the resting time of 2 or more hours. There is a little instruction video of how to segment an orange the way the experts do - see link in step 3 of the directions. Enjoy!
- 10 ounces fennel bulbs, stalks, fronds and outer leaves trimmed, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 small orange, navel, segmented (see step 3)
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
- How to segment an orange (copy and paste in your browser window - http://www.weightwatchers.ca/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=37881.
I scaled back for one serve and did use mandarine instead of a navel orange but thoroughly enjoyed the sweetness of the fruit with that slight aniseed taste from the fennel and the crunchy taste of the onion and fennel and the dressing just bought it all together to make a great salad for lunch with some tinned red salmon, thank you Nif, made for Went to Market.
Love the combo of orange & fennel in this very easy-to-make salad! Different from most salads I serve, & I look forward to preparing it again when we have company for dinner! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]