Recipe by Bergy
If you are not familiar with fennel it has a refreshing licorice taste and this combined with onions & mushrooms is really tasty -Nice to have a some new options for veggies on your dinner menu especially one like this bold, colorful, crunchy dish
Top Review by Zeta1980mm
Great combination of veggies! I followed the recipe, but replaced salt and pepper with chicken powder to make it tastier. I did not use lemon juice either. But the dish was excellent. Also simple and quick to do, so suitable for busy people.
- 1 (1 lb) fennel bulb, remove any branches shooting up from the bulb itself
- 3 tablespoons lite olive oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, cleaned,cut in half or quartered
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the fennel bulb in half and coarsely chop the stalks, trim away the hard bottom core Heat the oil over high heat for 30 secs.
- Add onions salt& pepper stir fry 1 minute.
- Add peppers& fennel stir fry for 3 minutes or until the veggies are just slightly charred around the edges (not burned) Add mushrooms& stir fry until the mushrooms are soft& slightly brown.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice& serve.