Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I love the smell and flavor of fennel. From Southern Living.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and fennel.
- Stir in breadcrumbs; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add in ground beef and the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loafpan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until done.
- Remove meatloaf from pan and let stand 5 minutes before slicing.