Found in an older issue of Chatelaine magazine; posted in response to a request for fennel recipes. I haven't tried this myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim fronds from fennel and discard.
- 2Slice fennel into small, thin strips and place is large, preferably wide, saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 3Add milk and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until fennel is tender, stirring once or twice; this will take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Remove pan from heat, then puree fennel mixture in a blender or food processor until it's fairly smooth.
- 6While fennel is cooking, peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
- 7Place in a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and boil gently, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender; this will take about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 9Drain potatoes well and return to saucepan.
- 10Mash potatoes, then stir in hot fennel puree, sour cream, and salt.
- 11Taste; more salt may be needed.
- 12If mixture is not piping hot, heat in saucepan, over low, stirring often.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fennel Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 364.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g