1 hr 23 mins
1 hr 3 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups 1/2-inch day-old Italian bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 large fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon crushed fennel seed
- 1 1/2 large red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped marjoram
- 2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1For the stuffing, toast the bread cubes in a shallow baking dish at 400 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes or until light brown.
- 2Heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 3Add the sausage and cook until brown and crumbly, stirring frequently.
- 4Add the fennel, onion, and fennel seeds.
- 5Cook for 10 minutes or until fennel and onion are tender, stirring frequently.
- 6Add the bell peppers, thyme, marjoram and sage.
- 7Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the bell peppers are tender, stirring frequently.
- 8Stir in the wine.
- 9Cook until reduced by three-fourths.
- 10Add with stock and 1/4 cup olive oil to the bread crumbs in a large bowl and mix well.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Spoon evenly into a buttered 7 1/2 x 11-inch baking pan.
- 13Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 14Bake, uncovered, for an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Spicy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spicy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fennel & Herb Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.7
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 507.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: